Hair & Beauty
Beauty Therapy, Hairdressing & Media Make-Up
Combining creativity and a passion for beauty, hairdressing and media make-up can propel you into a career of styling the rich and famous or owning your own business. Over the last 5 years the hair and beauty industry has grown by over 1.5% and there are now over 5,000 hair and beauty salons in the northwest alone. The employment opportunities are plentiful and with the rise of social media it is easier than ever to start your own beauty business.
Gain professional experience working in one of our on site salons and learn a huge variety of skills and techniques depending on whether you study Beauty Therapy, Hairdressing or Media Make-up. Hairdressing includes styling, blow drying, setting, colouring and cutting hair, with techniques becoming more advanced as you progress on the course. If you choose to study Beauty Therapy you will learn the techniques for manicures, pedicures and waxing before progressing on to more advanced techniques such as facials¸ massage and spray tans. Help others look their best and become a cut above the rest by studying either Beauty Therapy, Hairdressing or Media Make-Up at Stockport College.
For more information on the courses and to apply
Select one of the options below and you will be re-directed to the main College website:
- Hair & Beauty Skills Level 1 Certificate
- Women's Hairdressing Level 2 Certificate
- Women's Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma
- Women's Hairdressing Level 3 Diploma
- Beauty Therapy Specialist Techniques Level 2 Diploma
- Nail Services Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- Hair & Media Make-Up Level 2 Diploma
- Beauty Therapy Treatments Level 3 Diploma
- Nail Technology Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- Fashion, Theatre and Media Hair & Make-Up Studies Level 3 Diploma
- Theatrical & Media Make-Up (Technical) Level 3 Extended Diploma
Take a look at our Hair & Beauty Department
Hair & Beauty
1 / 1
Other useful content
Fees / Finance
Stockport College offers a range of financial support packages that you may be able to access...
Learner services are here to support you throughout your time at College, lending a helping hand...